The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

How come I can't give a score higher than 5/5

RawGreen responds:

Because then it wouldn't be a high five o/

Leo & Satan Leo & Satan

Brilliant.

The part where Satan is trying to work through the algebra is some of the finest stuff committed to flash. Stellar voice acting work here.

'Arrow to the Knee' 'Arrow to the Knee'

Weak.

Loud screaming and blood can't make up for weak writing. It's also ironic that this submission is just a meta-Arrow To the Knee joke, which is essentially what it rails against.

Suggestions for improvement: tone down the yelling, and work on your writing. You'll know that you have it when it's not bloody and it's not loud and people are still laughing. Good luck.

D-Pression D-Pression

Ways to get me to give a game 5 stars = make a game that synthesizes music and gameplay really well. My god the music works so well here. It's an amazing standalone piece already, but when you put it in the background of game, it just becomes so much better. And the deep chords that play when you mess up!

I eventually got stuck in one of the levels where you are moving you and your shadow in nearly duplicate levels at the same time. I couldn't quite figure out how to line it up so I'd be desynchronized from my shadow and I kept dying. Maybe this is metaphorical of depression too?

You should think about doing ludum dare (google it)! Perhaps you can make more gamess :D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Whoah, thanks Johnfn! I really tried to implement the music in the game well, so I'm glad it seems as though I succeeded. The song was actually originally made about half a year ago, with no game to accompany it. But I decided to redo the piece, as well as add all the sound effects, purely for the sake of the athmosphere of the game! :'D

"And the deep chords that play when you mess up!"

=> This is my personal favorite. It pleases me that the sound suits the music so well, at most parts.

"I know a lot of people were complaining about the shadow being hard to see but from a metaphorical point of view, I like it. I was kind of feeling like it was a graphical glitch, which was a very unsettling feeling."

=> I feel pretty much the same way. Although the shadow can be difficult to see, I think that it might be for the best from as you said, a metaphorical standpoint :3

"I eventually got stuck in one of the levels where you are moving you and your shadow in nearly duplicate levels at the same time. I couldn't quite figure out how to line it up so I'd be desynchronized from my shadow and I kept dying."

Not to worry; you're not the only that has gotten stuck on some of the levels. If you're on the second one of those two, I'll give you a hint. The roof is higher for the shadow, but I made it difficult to notice :D If one jumps over the goal, and then to the top, before you fall down, you have the solution :p

"Maybe this is metaphorical of depression too?"

=> It is more meant to symbolize that you don't observe your surroundings properly, since everything is negative to you. That is, if we're talking about the same level. If you're on the former one, without any text, I don't think it really symbolizes that much :')

"You should think about doing ludum dare (google it)! Perhaps you can make more games :D"
=> I know nothing of coding, but I've spoken with another one of the game developers in this Jam, and it just might be that I'll participate in some way, or maybe musicwise XD

Thanks a lot for checking out my game, as well as for leaving an awesome review!!!

J-J-Jump J-J-Jump

Um so yeah the game is good and all but the real highlight is DAT MUSIC. I really wish the musician had received some sort of credit or something, I'd love to hear more of his/her stuff.

[REVIVE] [REVIVE]

The level design is incredible. Some of the best thought out levels I've had the privilege of puzzling out. Those last few grapefruit were particularly tough and satisfying.

The backstory imho felt unnecessary.

Also, man, the music. If you want some good music for your games, just contact me. I could whip up something for you. :)

We Are Heroes We Are Heroes

so we meet at last finn! this song is super catchy, good luck!! :)

FinnMK responds:

Thanks! And to you too.

Chapter II: Believe Chapter II: Believe

eyyy nice mix

songs alright i guess

etherealwinds responds:

thanks :) you're pretty alright yourself grant

Fires Fires

Congrats on another great track, steelside! Good luck! :)

Pixel Pokeymanz Pixel Pokeymanz

You have a talent for pixel art. These are awesome!